Thursday 9 September 2010

The start of my new journey..

So we’ve come to the end of phase 1 of the pathlight food garden project. We’ve now a functional food garden with 6 vegetable beds, a keyhole garden a clover shaped garden which was originally a pond, a zig zag border, a tepee trellis, a very rustic fence, an innovative door, composting set-up, the mighty worm farm and module 1 of the farming curriculum.

Throughout the project duration we constantly discover something new about our bodies and realised our threshold point for hard physical labour, working in the epic enter of the tropics has also been a real test at times when the sun refuse to budge. Hard labour has always been something I feel that many Singaporeans would out rightly shun. But I was proved wrong when we were able to assemble a team of passionate Singaporeans, together we planned, we designed, and we laboured and I’m mightily proud that this food garden has been built from the ground up with the help of the wider community.

So the time has come when I have to bid farewell, phase 1 has been a very fruitful journey for me!! I’ve learnt a lot from so many people and most of all I’ve learnt a lot about myself. Nature is a good teacher and has taught me: patience, respect and balance working on the land have brought me to understand life a lot more. This has made me realise that I now need to return to England and bring back a sustainable farming model; Biodynamic farming may perhaps be the key to a successful organic system.So I go back to school for a year and a half in the south of England where I will pursue my Biodynamic agriculture diploma.

I leave you now with a video i made that charts the progress of our unfinished journey:

No comments:

Post a Comment