Sunday 12 July 2009

Plan-it-Earth , Cornwall

So I've been sick for the last couple of days (crystal). We arrived here at beautiful Sancreed, Cornwall on Tuesday. Worked on Wednesday, then fell ill with sore throat, fever, stuck nose, headache and everything on Wed night all the way through to yesterday (Saturday). I feel so bad coz I'm obviously not going to do the hours required here, and still eating all their food. (I have this ability to be dog sick, but still eat full meals :))

Its Sunday evening now, we've been here5 days, and we havent left the farm! Feeling a little weird about that. I always wanna go exploring, but obviously I was too weak to even get out of bed. I definitely havent been this sick in a while. I really really hope Bjorn doesnt get what I had.

So a bit about Plan-it-Earth, it began 6 years ago by Rachel and Dave Smart Knight and they've got a nice thing going here. Decent size market garden, holiday yurts for rent, and lots of evironmental sustainability programs that they run. Location wise its a beatutiful place. This evening , i could see the black and white cows in a nearby farm in the distance. Picturesque.

The work here has been different! Lots of harvesting. Strawberries, rasberries (lots), black currents, mange tout (too much), peas, broad beans. Last night we had a nice veg stir fry all from the farm! The above mentioned plus carrots, beetroot, celery, courgette, chard, spinach... I know. Coz i stood in the miserable rain harvesting them!

They have 3 geese here, which are really funny. They kindda hissed at us when we arrived, and have this evil look in their eyes. What characters. Apparently they are good lawn mowers. You dont really have to feed them anything much, they just eat all the grass.

Have been eating super healthy. Apart from the flu, I feel great about myself. Am I'm really starting to get a farmer's tan. Which is ... my face, neck and forearms are really dark, and the rest of me, fading into yellow again. Lol.

Rachel and Dave's house is lovely. Thy have the most cozy kitchen with fariy lights and everythings rustic and woody with pots and pans all hung up and quirky door knobs etc. I wanna kitchen like that next time.

Oh! And the kids have a trampoline! On Wed night, me, Rosie (the very smart 8 year old), Jacca (the charming little 5 year old) & Bjorn jumped up and down the trampoline with gorgeous views again. We looked at clouds and pointed out to each other what they were. We saw zeus on his carriage, a guy giving the thumbs up (although, i thought it was the other finger up but not so appropriate to mention to young children), a dog.... it was gread fun.

Im still missing crooked end farm though... Maybe its because the past three sickie days has just been awful. We have 2 days of freetime ahead. Yippieeeeeeee. Hope the weather holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment