Wednesday 8 July 2009

The end... at Crooked End Farm Organics

We left crooked end farm yesterday morning. And we're here now, in west cornwall (most southern west tip of the uk) and its so different! Penzance is the nearest town and it reminds me of australia as its a seaside town with seagulls flying around. English people here own tank tops! And some are actually tanned! (amazing).

Last night, I actually felt so suddenly homesick. For crooked end farm! I didnt realise how much I'd miss the place until we left and is in someplace all new and foreign again.

Crooked end farm organics were like a huge family to bjorn and I for 3 weeks. They were really. Im not saying this new place is not great, it seriously is. Its a gorgeouslandscape and views, their house very warm and charming. Love the kitchen too!. But we really started to get really comfortable at crooked end.

I miss the hens roaming around everywhere, in the back garden, in the barm, poking their noses into everything! Pecking at me when I'm lying in the garden and then running away when I try to catch them! hee hee. I really loved the hens. Here, there are only 7 hens and they dont get to roam as wildly as crooked end. And they are agressive the ones here!

I miss the three black dogs with, all with such different personalities. Celine, who didn really like to run or make any fast movements, lovely shiny coat and loves being massaged. Jess, the sheepdog who was quite annoying coz she barked at everyone (esp men) but was in the end, a sweetheart who was abused by her previous owner. And sasha, who just like to steal celines food all the time!

And I miss the children... Lottiieeeeee. oh what a sweet child, I miss her. James, whose smile and baby garbled words melted my heart every single time. When we arrived, he could hardly crawl, when we left, he was crawling everywhere! Even Theo, our alpha male little boy who loves to chatter endlessly about his collection of toy swords and his peter pan alter ego. Ahhh.

Of course, our fellow wwoofers who we got to enjoy each other's companies so much. callie's off centre humour and similar love for alcohol, erin and her gorgeous sincerity and love for life, raphael's frenchness. hahaha, pia's enthusiasm and laughter, ciaran's experience, knowledge and later on we discovered, his wicked sense of humour.

We also of course, miss our lovely hosts, bruce, brenda, anya, barry kate. They were our surrogate parents, always taking care of us.

I can go on and on about all the other things we miss. The pub, the general store, our caravan, the pigs, the horses... but...

But crooked was only the first out of the 8 places we'll be wwoofing at in the UK. And like all first loves, we'll have a special place for crooked has we had no yardstick to compare it with when we first got there. And what a great first place.

If the rest of our trip will contain such incredibly great overwhelming experiences, wont my heart burst trying to contain so much good stuff?

Its much quieter here now at Plan-it-Earth (Chy Ena). There's only one family, with 2 great kids. But no dogs, no other wwoofers, no hens pooing and pecking around our caravan. Maybe we just need to get used to the change. I was looking forward to a quieter time. More us-time, more me-time.

More about this place in up coming blog entries - i have a feeling its going to be awesome! There's limited internet so less photos, but I guess, we'll have to paint them with our words instead....

No comments:

Post a Comment