Monday 20 July 2009

good bye plan it earth

I really am not sure how to do this journal entry.

Tomorrow we leave chy ena after 2 weeks here. And overall, some highs but many lows for sure. My flu lasted a good week and a half, and then last night, after a sunday roast, i got sick and puked half of it out. Today my body feels tired and useless. Thats just one part of the lows here. The family we've stayed with, are a nice young hippie couple with 2 handsome kids. But I definitely felt that there was no room (emotionally, intellectually, etc etc) for us in the house because their lives were already so thick with getting through each day. Its so ironic, that this place with a curative healing well, bushcraft courses, singing with the wind courses, is the place that i feel the most negative vibe from. I wouldnt go as far as saying that we didnt feel welcomed. I just felt, that they didnt have time or energy to get to know us. And when I tried to get to know them, I dont get further than superficial facts before they get distracted with something else (usually the children or giving us more tasks to do). This was a definitely a strange wwoof placement. The location is/was stunning to be in. So unique and quirky in many ways. Penzance, St Ives, St Just... the beaches, quite incredible. Unfortunately, the experience was tainted with my illness & our unavailable yet quite demanding hosts. One thing Im grateful for is that Bjorn and I got our alone time. He has been soooo good at taking care of me when I was sick, delivering food from the house to the caravan when I was banned from infecting the rest with my germs. And tolerating them all by himself when I am not there.

I hope Im well enough to leave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment